Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

French Autoroute toll gizmo

Le_Treport

Found a link to this website which allows you to buy the transponder gizmo for French autoroutes - and therefore not have to stop & pay at the Peage. I tend to avoid autoroutes where possible, but this may be of interest to some.

Ok, but why pay additional fees like "There is a one off charge for the tag (refundable), an initial admin charge to cover logistics and 3rd party fees, a low annual management fee of €6 plus a €5 charge every month that you use it in France (limited to a maximum of 10€ per year). " when you can easily pay non-cash with your existing credit card in the drive through lanes . A 5 min break at the peage stations should be acceptable

Egbert - I agree. Also, it's bad enough that they can track your route & timings through the tickets, but if they can then track that back to you home, and bank details!!! It's all a bit too 'Big Brother' for me!

However - some people might be ok with it.

Using the autoroute costs 9.60 euros each way from the port to junction 14 of the A1 (Albert/Bapaume), if you leave from the A26 for Arras it is just over 6 (from memory).

Not sure how the pre booked ticket compares?

Tim.

Le Treport - The same consideration applys every time one uses a credit card, the alternative is to pay cash - if one can spot the the appropriate pay lane. I also gather that average speeds can be calculated if 'big brother' is feeling realy nasty, and if one does not heed the limits.

Old Tom

Found a link to this website which allows you to buy the transponder gizmo for French autoroutes - and therefore not have to stop & pay at the Peage. I tend to avoid autoroutes where possible, but this may be of interest to some.

Read the small print.....................

I have one of these "blippers" and find it of great use, Im got mine from APRR via their website a couple of years ago and it costs me €1.50 for each month I use it and they debit my credit card as required, I find it great for the following reasons;

You don't have to judge your distance to the machine to get your ticket and endure the wrath of your passenger as (she) attempts to get the ticket.

If your passenger happens to be taking a nap there is no need to wake them (no wrath endured)

It always gives me a sense of wellbeing to sail through the toll booth even more so when the French driver in the adjacent lane looks at you with that smug expression that you are in the wrong lane

Getting through the toll before that French/Italian/Spanish BMW that tailgated you at 90 mph 10 miles previously