Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Scots Guards shoulder title

john gregory

I have brought some spare Guards shoulder titles of my mate, he was'nt sure about these with the brass thistle but I had them anyway. Where they worn or was it just the white metal thistle with the S G. Thanks

post-20062-0-99045400-1308077342.jpg

post-20062-0-40186000-1308077374.jpg

• 9 years later...

Good Afternoon, you mentioned in your initial post that you had purchased some 'spare SG Shoulder Titles' and wondering whether the brass or the white metal thistle was the correct version.  I believe it is just the white metal one, as shown at the bottom of your photo.  However, I have a colleague in Canada who has a WW1 Trio and is looking to mount these medals alongside an original WW1 cap badge, a copy of the soldier's record he has managed to obtain and a shoulder title.  Unfortunately he has only managed to get hold of single white metal thistle and doesn't have the 'SG' letters.  If the pair of brass shoulder titles you have acquired many moons ago from your colleague are actually 'spare' then would you be willing to sell one of the spare set of 'SG' letters to allow my colleague to complete his display?  I look forward to your response, assuming you manage to read this request. Many thanks, milcollectorblue.

• 2 years later...