Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Harlebeke New British Cemetery

Guest Sheona

Hello,

I joined this site yesterday because after googling Harlebeke Cemetery in Belgium, I saw that someone was wanting names and details of soldiers buried there. I was going to give my uncle's details, but today can find no trace of the request. Can anyone help?

Sheona

I have had a photo for nearly 20 years of my grandfather, in what we believe to be WW1 uniform [a copy made from a photo borrowed from my auntie] for the last few weeks I've tried various means of identifying the uniform he was wearing, so far with very little success. I'm hopeful this forum could help me find the answer!

I have had a photo for nearly 20 years of my grandfather, in what we believe to be WW1 uniform [a copy made from a photo borrowed from my auntie] for the last few weeks I've tried various means of identifying the uniform he was wearing, so far with very little success. I'm hopeful this forum could help me find the answer!

Post the picture, and I am sure someone here can help you out. Doc

Hello,

I joined this site yesterday because after googling Harlebeke Cemetery in Belgium, I saw that someone was wanting names and details of soldiers buried there. I was going to give my uncle's details, but today can find no trace of the request. Can anyone help?

Sheona

Sheona

Welcome to the forum.

This is quite an old thread now but hopefully is the one which you were looking for.

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66341&st=0&p=586515&hl=harlebeke&fromsearch=1entry586515

Jacksmum is still about (although Jack is a bit poorly at present) I will contact her to let her know of this thread.

Steve M

Welcome by the way.

Hello,

Sheona

Hello Sheona,

Sorry I have not been onto the Forum for a while, but I am the one researching into Harlebeke NBC, you should be able to find the thread. I will be delighted to hear of your uncle's details to be able to add him to the men we already know about. More later, regards, Jacksmum

Thanks Steve for bringing the Harlebeke thread to my notice, Yes, thanks, Jack is improving all the time, but it will take some while for him to get fit. Still, at least I am no longer nursing 24 hours a day. (for those of you who are really worried, Jack is the dog, not a human casualty!)

Jacksmum

Hello guys,

I'm living close to Harelbeke ( Harlebeke). What do you want to know?

Jef

Hello JEf..We come to Harelbeke once or twice a year...Do you know Fhilip Van H and/or Johan? We were guests at the 11/11/10 ceremony, but could not get to you this year. My uncle is buried there and we have been trying to put photos and information together so that your cemetery becomes full of PEOPLE and not just headstones. We love it in your area.

Jacksmum

Hello JEf..We come to Harelbeke once or twice a year...Do you know Fhilip Van H and/or Johan? We were guests at the 11/11/10 ceremony, but could not get to you this year. My uncle is buried there and we have been trying to put photos and information together so that your cemetery becomes full of PEOPLE and not just headstones. We love it in your area.

Jacksmum

Hello Jacksmum,

Fhilip and Johan are close friends of mine. Yesterdayevening we had a commemoration service of a crashed Lancaster, but that's WWII. Johan is a great master of ceremonies.

Jef

Hello Jef

Is that the one by the farm gates? Fhilip has shown it so me...remember us to Fhilip and Johan and say we will see them next year (promise)

Jacksmum

Hello Jef

Is that the one by the farm gates? Fhilip has shown it so me...remember us to Fhilip and Johan and say we will see them next year (promise)

Jacksmum

Sorry for the late answer, just got back from Wales. Yes, that the commemoration near the ... we call it now the Lancaster Farm. I will give your best wishes to both.

Jef

Thanks for that - yes Johan is a good MC - we were "guests of honour" at the 11/11/09 Remembrance Ceremony at HBC...That was a special morning.

• 5 months later...

Sheona

I have been trying to get in touch with you but you seem to have fallen off the radar? Are you still with us, and if so, will you get in touch with me please?

• 11 months later...

Bringing this topic to the fore again. We went Harlebeke for 11/11/2012 and joined with the people of Harelbeke for the Remembrance Ceremonies in Harlebeke NBC and at the Belgian Memorial. Our thanks go out to Burgemeester Rita Beyaert and her staff and volunteers for a wonderful day.

Jacksmum

• 6 months later...

Bringing this topic to the fore again. We went Harlebeke for 11/11/2012 and joined with the people of Harelbeke for the Remembrance Ceremonies in Harlebeke NBC and at the Belgian Memorial. Our thanks go out to Burgemeester Rita Beyaert and her staff and volunteers for a wonderful day.

Jacksmum

Hi Jacksmum

Are you still making an archive of the men buried in Harlebeke, as described on the original thread you started?

http://1914-1918.inv...=1

Liz

I am indeed, so will be pleased to hear from you?

I haven't got any more at present than what is on the thread already or on my 21/KRRC thread, but looking back there I noticed there had been new people posting since you last posted in 2011. But perhaps you have been in touch with them privately.

Liz

• 1 month later...

Hi Liz,

I haven't been too good lately, on the mend now but it was a long haul...If I have seen anything on this thread, I have been sending it off to Fhilip or Jef Smallhausen, as they are really the ones (particularly Fhilip) who are doing the main research. We shall be in Harlebeke in a couple of weeks and I am just about to order enough Poppy Crosses to go round.

Jacksmum