Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

18 Bn KRRC

sabine72

hello,

I checked the list but didn't see it

so maybe someone can help with the wardiary for the 18bn KRRC for the periode of 21/091917 until 05/10/1917.

thank you in advance

kind regards

sabine

Hi,

There is a war diary in the National Archives with the following files:

WO 95/2635 18 Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps 1916 May - 1917 Oct.

WO 95/2635 18 Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps 1918 Mar. - 1919 Mar.

WO 95/4243 122 Infantry Brigade: 18 Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps 1917 Nov. - 1918 Feb.

(this file relates to the division's time in Italy)

You may be able to get copies of the diary online through tNA's website, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk. If you do go to Kew, be aware that both files contain the diaries of other units as well.

This was what i was told recently when I asked the same thing as one of my relatives served in the exact same regiment.

Would you be able to tell me anything you know about the regiment during it's time in The Battle of Messines as that was when my relative was killed in action (Rifleman James Arthur Gardiner R/24410) and i would like to know more of what happened during that battle (in particluar on 14th June 1917). So if you do get the records let me know what you find out.

Hope this helps

Tom

hello,

I checked the list but didn't see it

so maybe someone can help with the wardiary for the 18bn KRRC for the periode of 21/091917 until 05/10/1917.

thank you in advance

kind regards

sabine

The 1917 Chronicle has an account of the attack on Shrewbury Forest and the doings of the Battalion in the ensuing days. PM me if you'd like the information given

Regards

Martin

I'm planning my first visite to kew in a few months, see what I can find, I've seen some wardiaries are on a canadian website(uk ones) bad not the one I need

the cronicle I got from Annette

just hoping that some one here had the 18bn KRRC

kind regards

sabine