Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Requesting look-up of 2nd Lincs Regt for Sept 18

Bardess

In particular 18th Sept 1918 - hoping it records how many casualties were suffered. Looking for a Pte James Aston 204439. Many thanks in anticipation

Just going through some Medal Rolls to find something else when I saw your man...........he was with the 1/4th, 2/4th, then the 2nd Battalions.

Cannot see anything else on him on Anc., only an MIC............not listed in SDGW or the CWGC, well, as Lincolnshire Regt., anyway.

DW

Diane

If you are struggling, I have the diary.

PM me your e-mail address and which office suite you use (I'll put it on a word document).

Its quite lengthy and states 5OR killed but no names.

Graeme

From what I can see on Anc/SDGW, the OR's KIA on that day were 27262 Pte's William Arthur Brinkley, 41242 Walter Henry Cave, 49361 Percy French Doxey, 40471 Ernest John Lane, and 15416 John Troop. Another man to die on that day was 206882 William Hollinghurst, though is just listed as 'Died', not KIA as the others were.

No mention of 204439 James Aston, however.

No doubt one of the many lads missed off the lists for one reason or another.

Dick

Graeme

Thanks so much for sending the relevant War Diary pages to me. Unfortunately they don't give much away. The far right-hand column didn't make it on any of the pages. Were there any names listed?

Dick

All information greatly received. Thank you