The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

175th Tunnelling Co RE.

AlanTomo

As a new member to this site and finding my way around .... I would like to find any other members who had a relative in the 175TC. My great uncle whom I did not know existed until a couple of years ago was in the 175th in 1915 in the Hooge area and most likley was part of that mine now know as Hooge Crater.... and others until he died in early 1916. I have made a excellent start already with a copy of the war diary for this period but would always like to know more from perhaps others whose relatives served.

I look forward to see what might come along.

Cheers for looking, Alan.

Hello Alan

Welcome to the Great War Forum, Have you tried the LLT for information this is good site and full of information.

http://www.1914-1918...tunnelcoyre.htm

best regards

Ian

Alan

"Beneath Flanders Fields-the Tunnellers War 1914-1918" (Barton/Doyle/Vandewalle) an account of the TCs of the RE,is well worth a read. It deals with some specific TCs,not sure if 175 is one of them.

Sotonmate

Many thanks for your reply .... good information there, Alan.

Hello Alan

Welcome to the Great War Forum, Have you tried the LLT for information this is good site and full of information.

http://www.1914-1918...tunnelcoyre.htm

best regards

Ian

Recently gained a copy of this book , it must be the best available on the subject, thanks , Alan.

Alan

"Beneath Flanders Fields-the Tunnellers War 1914-1918" (Barton/Doyle/Vandewalle) an account of the TCs of the RE,is well worth a read. It deals with some specific TCs,not sure if 175 is one of them.

Sotonmate