Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medal wearing - Royal Humane Society medal

battiscombe

I have 1911 photo of an RFA Sgt - with what looks to be QSA and KSA medals on left chest and another medal on right chest. I have a likely candidate for who this might be in a man who won the Royal Humane Society Bronze medal for fishing a man out of the Orange river during the Boer War - would this be the correct place to wear such a medal? any advice most welcome.. thanks

I have 1911 photo of an RFA Sgt - with what looks to be QSA and KSA medals on left chest and another medal on right chest. I have a likely candidate for who this might be in a man who won the Royal Humane Society Bronze medal for fishing a man out of the Orange river during the Boer War - would this be the correct place to wear such a medal?

Yes.

I have I have this picture of the serjeant in question - would this be right for a Royal Human Society Bronze medal?

post-7621-0-84258200-1306789239.jpg

According to RAF Manual of Dress Regulations (AP 1358), Chapter 8, Paragraph 0843 - The medals of the Royal Humane Society are worn on the right breast in a similar position to military medals that are worn on the left breast.

many thanks for both replies. That would seem to confirm that this is indeed Sgt John Webber Richardson.