Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Glengarry Seaforth Highlander

133.R

I got this glengarry yesterday and i´m happy about it .The 4th what i got in a half year .The badge has 2 copper loops on backside . I think the first bagde on this glengarry was of 4 parts . There are 8 holes on this place.

Maybe this:

I got this glengarry yesterday and i´m happy about it .The 4th what i got in a half year .The badge has 2 copper loops on backside . I think the first bagde on this glengarry was of 4 parts . There are 8 holes on this place.

Maybe this:

Sven I understand that Warrant Officers and Officers of the Seaforth Highlanders wore the extra parts to the badge that you have illustrated. This was a common tradition in Scottish Regiments and the badges were known as "Staff Badges". Similar superior or diffferently made up badges were also used by senior personnel in the Foot Guards and many (but not all) of the Regiments of the Line. Ergo it is quite possible that this is what you have evidence of in your glengarry.

Sven I understand that Warrant Officers and Officers of the Seaforth Highlanders wore the extra parts to the badge that you have illustrated. This was a common tradition in Scottish Regiments and the badges were known as "Staff Badges". Similar superior or diffferently made up badges were also used by senior personnel in the Foot Guards and many (but not all) of the Regiments of the Line. Ergo it is quite possible that this is what you have evidence of in your glengarry.

Thanks for the information. I'll let the cap like i get it. This badge was for a long time on the cap like it was found.

Regards Sven