Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Constance Trench

Chris

Hi all.

I am interested in the movements of a soldier in mid - late Sept 1916. Constance Trench is repeatedly mentioned and i am sure it is between Ovillers and Thiepval. Nearby trenches mentioned are Joseph trench and Brimstone and Border. Would anyone be kind enough to post a map showing this area, it would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Chris.

Constance Trench ran WSW of Mouquet Farm. It's the right hand trench in the left hand,bottom square in this extract and continues...

post-4-1089156599.jpg

...onto another trench map, where, this time it is named...

Dave.

post-4-1089156694.jpg

Dave

Brilliant, thank you ever so much for that posting. Would you mind telling me which map these extracts are from so that i can order a copy from the WFA, and therefore plot the movements of the soldier i am researching, as they progressed slowly forward from Ovillers during September 1916.

Cheers

Chris

Dave

Brilliant, thank you ever so much for that posting. Would you mind telling me which map these extracts are from so that i can order a copy from the WFA, and therefore plot the movements of the soldier i am researching, as they progressed slowly forward from Ovillers during September 1916.

Cheers

Chris

No problem.

They're actually from two maps. The top one is from57d SE1+2 Beaumont edition 2D (15/8/16), and the other is from 57d SE4 Ovillers, edition 3A (1/9/16).

Dave.

Thanks Dave

Chris