Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

bradford Pals & a terrier

keithmroberts

For those interested a seller has just listed a bunch of medals relating to several of the 16th and 18th West Yorks, plus one from the 1/4th on Ebay UK. I don't collect medals , but was relieved to see than none of them related to the men I have been researching, or I might have had to make a substantial punt.

Keith

Ah, well spotted Keith, these medals are probably going to fetch a premium not least because they are from the 16th & 18th Pals battalions, but also because there are a few KIA from the 1st Day of the Somme.

I always regret selling a pair + Death Plaque I had several years ago to 16-725 Pte Willie Parker from Clayton, Bradford who was also KIA on 1st July 1916.

• 1 month later...

There is a story in the Telegraph & Argus today about a rare photo of the 18th Batallion that has surfaced, where the owner is seeking help in identifying the soldiers in it...

Daniel

Cant find them!!!!

TT

Thanks for posting this. I'm due back in Bradford for a couple of weeks shortly to immerse myself in the local Archives so in the meantime I'll certainly try to make contact and see if the chap will post a copy here, or let me make a copy that I can post. . I have a poor copy somewhere of a platoon photo of one of the 16th platoons that actually appeared in that paper some years ago. i could of course be pure co-incidence.

Keith