Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RIC Memorial in Macroom C of I Church

Stanley_C_Jenkins

I seem to remember asking this question before, possibly on another forum, but there does not seem to have been a firm answer. Briefly, what happened to the 'Black & Tan' Memorial Tablet in Macroom Parish Church after the building ceased to be used for worship by the Church of Ireland? One suggestion is that it might have gone to one or other of the police museums? I think the building itself is used as a community centre (largely by members of another denomination).

largely by members of another denomination).

This information is superfluous.What has the religion of the current users got do do with the location of the memorial plaque?

Stanley

If you cannot get an answer to the question of the whereabouts of the memorial on this forum, you could try the Rootschat sub forum on Cork, where a local person ought to know the answer.

If you are signed on for Rootschat, let me know and I will put a post there for you

What has the religion of the current users got do do with the location of the memorial plaque?

Under normal circumstances, nothing whatsoever, but the circumstances surrounding the RIC Auxiliary Division and its role at Macroom were hardly normal.

Events are never normal during times of conflict but this is 90 years later.If you have any evidence of wrongdoing concerning the memorial plaque during recent renovations please bring it to the attention of the relevant authorities rather than making vague innsunations against a section of the community today.

Stanley wants to know what has happened to the plaque, does anybody know?

• 4 weeks later...