The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Winn George Jarman KRRC help needed

Boogie

Can anyone give me any information about Winn George Jarman aka George Jarman joined the 10th Battalion Royal West Kent Reg No 8252 and was discharged for being under age, then rejoined with the Reg No 44759 thats all I know. Any information would be gratefully received.

You were looking at the wrong regiment here you go:

Edited by Alan Curragh
MIC removed - against forum rules

I presume you know there are service records of 5 pages for him regarding the old reg number 8252?

Ye I have them it's just the other bits I can't work out.

I noticed that the papers for him under number 8252 give his address at 27 Harold Road, Sittingbourne - and the man below looked promising, assuming it wasn't too common a name. Sure enough, number 44759 appears intermittently on this record and I would therefore propose it's the same man, having moved a few doors along, as sometimes happens. There's around 22 images, but unfortunately some water damage, leaving the details faint but some legible. Do you have these?

Name: George Jarman

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1899

Age at enlistment: 18

Residence: 33 Harold Rd, Sittingbourne

Document Year: 1917

Regimental Number: 54285

Regiment Name: Training Reserve Bn

No I haven't I assume this must be where he joined legally as he was discharged for being under aged.

Thanks any more info would be wonderfull

From what I can see:-

Enlisted 13 August 1917

Admits to enlisting under age with 10th Batt RWK

Age now 18 years 38 days

NoK William Thomas Jarman of the same address - Father

Precise details of his service are illegible, but I can make out the following and maybe the experts can follow it through:-

Home: 13.8.17 to 31.3.18

BEF: 1.4.18 to 6.6.19

Home: 7.6.19 to 4.7.19

[Trans to the?] Res: 5.7.19 to 31.3.20

Thanks very much Verrico and Phantom, If any knows anymore it would be gratefully recieved.

You might find it helpful to add KRRC in the title of your original post, so experts on that Corps will know their assistance is required.

His unit was 12 Battalion. Here's a link to them on the LLT (also a general link at the top of the page). He embarked on 1 April 1918, disembarking on the 2nd. His certificate of identity confirms his theatre of war was France. He first joined for duty with RWK on 14 June 1915 and was discharged on 22 December that year, so he must have been convincing!

I don't know how to do that without starting a new one !!

I don't know how to do that without starting a new one !!

There should be a "tag"at the bottom of your original posat marked "edit". Clicking on this will allow you to change what you want.

Hope this helps

Nigel

Just to show it works

Edited by Bombadier