Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British War Medal:1411 T.J.MOLLOY 4 L.H.R.A

drlbuchanan

Hi, I have in my possession a British War Medal to the above receipiant that was in my Father's possession and handed on when he died recently.

I don.t think it is Australian as there isn't any known soldier with this serial no. on the A.W.M.data base.

Would be interested on how and when this medal got here.

Cheers;David

Hi, I have in my possession a British War Medal to the above receipiant that was in my Father's possession and handed on when he died recently.

I don.t think it is Australian as there isn't any known soldier with this serial no. on the A.W.M.data base.

Would be interested on how and when this medal got here.

Cheers;David

Hi David,

1411 Thomas J Molloy 4th Aust Light Horse Regt enlisted 19 Jul 1915 Born Richmond North melb. Civil Occupation Jockey. All his records (32 pages)are on the National Archives Australia site and can be down loaded

Issued with Brit War Medal, Victory Medal and 14/15 Star

Terry

West Aust

Hi Terry, thanks a million for the info.

With my fathers' recent death, I am going through boxes of personal effects and as an avid collector and a military background, he would often pick up medals, medallions,etc. Where he picked up this and a number of other WW1 items that are non family related has been an interesting exercise.

One that I traced back to a local identity and the family letters inquiring as to the whereabouts of his medals are sad as aa number of family members had inquired and requested a duplicate set in the 60's.

Will try to give them back if possible.

Cheers, David

x

Hi David,

1411 Thomas J Molloy 4th Aust Light Horse Regt enlisted 19 Jul 1915 Born Richmond North melb. Civil Occupation Jockey. All his records (32 pages)are on the National Archives Australia site and can be down loaded

Issued with Brit War Medal, Victory Medal and 14/15 Star

Terry

West Aust