Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Nice colorized photos of warships

Tinhat47

This guy from Japan has done some really nice colorizations (and big too, if you click on them) of old photos of Royal Navy warships. Some of the photos on this page are from World War II, but many are from World War I and late Victorian times. If you click on some of the photo thumbnails further down on the righthand side of the page, he has more photos of ships of other nations, including Turkey, Japan, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, etc. from the same time period.

http://blog.livedoor...es/1415279.html

They are very good Matt - well found.

Simon

This guy from Japan has done some really nice colorizations (and big too, if you click on them) of old photos of Royal Navy warships. Some of the photos on this page are from World War II, but many are from World War I and late Victorian times. If you click on some of the photo thumbnails further down on the righthand side of the page, he has more photos of ships of other nations, including Turkey, Japan, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, etc. from the same time period.

http://blog.livedoor...es/1415279.html

• 3 weeks later...

Would like to know if the 'battleship' grey was really that light and that 'blue'?

Those ships are light blue on my monitor (screen)! Ah, I see it... you can't colour grey!

They still look the part.

Very, very nicely done. I can't quite get over Mauretania in dazzle paint - looks like something out of a bad dream!!

Adrian

• 8 years later...