Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ss kelvinbank 13/06/1917

Guest robbo42

i am looking for information on my gfather james mccabe , james served as a fireman on the ss kelvinbank and unfortunately drowned at sea as a result of a torpedo attack in june 1917, james was my fathers father, james married a margaret ann darcy in liverpool in 1909,, and possibly lived in hopwood st liverpool, james was the son of patrick and ann ,, any information would be appreciated ,,, thanks .

T50

Have you seen the thread on www.mercantilemarine.org about this vessel and sailor ? a guest there named Chris asked the same thing in 2005 and didn't return to get the answers,which included someone who says that he has your GFs Mercantile Marine Medal. In case you haven't:

http://www.mercantilemarine.org/archive/index.php/t-3041.html

Sotonmate

• 3 weeks later...
Guest robbo42

hi thanks for your reply , i have seen the thread you mentioned unfortunately due to the thread being posted in 2005 i have no way of getting in contact, ? is it possible after this time to get in contact. i am also after any information on my gfather ie service records etc , where do i start any iformation will be appreciated thanks tricia 50

• 8 years later...

If you return to this post, I had his Mercantile Marine War Medal in 2005. I sold it on ebay a few years later and the buyer claimed it never arrived.