The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

SS Cameronia

Guest susiq2u2

Guest susiq2u2

I am looking for the passenger list for the SS Cameronia.and/or SS Transylvania for May/June 1915. I have been told that my great uncle was on the final voyage of the SS Lusitania frrom NewYork. I have been told that he was transferred to the Lusitania fron another ship but I can find no record of him on the Lusitania. Research indicates that passengers were transferraed from the SS Cameronia to the Lusitania and Transylvania. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Susan

Susan

There are passenger lists at the National Archives, Kew for these vessels for the period you post. The File numbers are:

TRANSYLVANIA (Cunard Line) BT26/602/24 for arrival May 1915 from New York, for all passengers for discharge at the ports of Glasgow and Liverpool.

CAMERONIA (Anchor Line) BT26/602/26 for arrival June 1915 from New York, for all passengers for discharge at the ports of Glasgow and Liverpool.

The only other arrivals for these two vessels around this time were for April 1915. I have the references if you need them.

It might be a good idea to post his name here,you may get more help that way.Searches are possible for passengers on Ancestry UK.

Sotonmate

• 6 years later...

Susan.

I am researching the circumstances around the Cameronia, as my great uncle Matthew Orr Gibson was one of those who transferred to Lusitania. He did not survive.

What was the name of your great uncle?  Have you discovered any more information since 2011?

Would love to hear from you.

Regards,  Alan Gibson Bristol UK