Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Having to sell my collection

herbie4798

Hi all, As the title says im having to sell most of my medal collection :( Its not the biggest collection in the world but its kept me happy for a cpouple of years. It was a hard decision but needs must and I feel its the right thing for me to do. All my medals are to the 10th London Regiment. As many of you know that's my Great Grandfathers Regiment. Im still carrying on with me research but just stopped collecting. If ok by Forum Admin I would like to offer them here to any members who will enjoy them as much as I have. If you are interested please PM me with your email address and I will send over my humble list. Approx 25-30 items on there.

All the best

James

For any collector of anything parting with it is always difficult. I'm not into collecting medals but I do have an example of just about every make and moel of half frame camera ever made and would be loath to part with it (although I doubt anyone else would be mad enough to want it - but I suspect my wife would not shed a tear if it went) so I can emphasise. As your collection appears to be around a particular theme it seems a shame if it gets broken up and I hope you find someone or some organisation to take it complete. I assume you have a digital photo record of it?

My inbox is clear now. I wish I could have sold it to one person/Establishment but unfortunaltey cannot be done. I have a record of all medals and hopefully one day when im in a better postion, will be able to obtain some of them again. We will see.

Cheers

James

Hello Centurion ,

Just a small point regarding your collection of half frame cameras, do you have the "Olympus" pen EE/S ?

Sorry about your problem Gurkha, my collection albeit small is purely on a family basis , I worry about it's future when I pop my clogs.

Colin.

Hello Centurion ,

Just a small point regarding your collection of half frame cameras, do you have the "Olympus" pen EE/S ?

Sorry about your problem Gurkha, my collection albeit small is purely on a family basis , I worry about it's future when I pop my clogs.

Colin.

I did say most - of the Pen series I have a gap between the Pen EE and the Pen EE2 (due to my brother in law dropping my EE S off an oil rig in the North Sea).

• 4 weeks later...

I still have a few 10th London Regiment medals that I need to part with. If anyone is interested please get in touch.

Best regards

James