Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Balmorals and Tam O’Shanters

Lachlan

3 hours ago, Gareth Powell said:

Thank you for those comments, they are sincerely appreciated! Never having served myself (two attempts to join the Army then RN Reserves both failed on ground of history of depression) I regard it an honour and a privilege to wear the uniform that represents someone who did. The two Societies that I am associated with (GWS and Scots at War) have at their heart a desire to educate the public about the highs and lows of life as a serving British Army soldier during the world wars, honour and perpetuate their memory, and continually learn more about their experiences including use of kit etc.

The Great War Society website 

The Great War Society

The Scots at War website

Scots at War

Which RSF battalion are you portraying.  Not all of the regiment’s battalion’s wore a tartan patch, although I know that the 4th (TF) did.  This image shows the frayed edges very well, but I’m not sure which battalion it is.

IMG_8492.jpeg

Edited by FROGSMILE

16 hours ago, FROGSMILE said:

Which RSF battalion are you portraying.  Not all of the regiment’s battalion’s wore a tartan patch, although I know that the 4th (TF) did.  This image shows the frayed edges very well, but I’m not sure which battalion it is.

IMG_8492.jpeg

My knowledge of other theatres is poor and I have done more research around the battles is Loos and of the Somme therefore it would be the 7th Battalion 

9 hours ago, Gareth Powell said:

My knowledge of other theatres is poor and I have done more research around the battles is Loos and of the Somme therefore it would be the 7th Battalion 

I can only suggest that you contact the regimental museum and check via photographs whether or not that battalion wore the tartan patch.  There are plenty of RSF photographs without.

IMG_8500.jpeg

IMG_8501.jpeg

IMG_8502.jpeg

IMG_8503.jpeg

IMG_8510.jpeg

IMG_8507.jpeg

IMG_8508.jpeg

IMG_8505.jpeg

IMG_8509.jpeg

IMG_8506.jpeg

IMG_8504.jpeg

Edited by FROGSMILE

3 hours ago, FROGSMILE said:

I can only suggest that you contact the regimental museum and check via photographs whether or not that battalion wore the tartan patch.  There are plenty of RSF photographs without.

Thank you, I will 

3 hours ago, Gareth Powell said:

Thank you, I will 

The regiment preferred to wear the glengarry whenever out of the line.