Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Australian ICC badge for sale

Angrybudgie

This badge is on **bay and I am still trying to decide if it could be the real McCoy or not .....maybe a modern copy?......what does the forum think . The item number is 310307007430 just in case the link doesn't work. There are currently three of these badges for sale on the site from different sellers.

My link

thanks

Elizabeth

Elizabeth,

It is hard to tell from an ebay photo whether the badge is genuine, but I would check on the sellers reputation - shouldn't be too hard to do that and, have a look at the web site 'digger history' click on enter

and go the section under badges where there is a fairly large section and includes ICC badges, at least you can get an idea of whether the badge you are looking at could be genuine or just a crude copy.

There are many badge collectors on the forum and there may be a better answer coming.

Cheers

Hi

Not being a expert on these badges, But have to say it looks like a modern copy from the photograph.

I would have thought a real badge of this, would be very expensive and rare?

Just looking at his other badges on sale, looks like they deals in this sort of thing..... copys

I may be wrong I sure someone will no.....

Regards Jonathan

They are very expensive by Australian standards. I have seen them go for around $200AUD. They are rare and turn up on Aus Ebay about once maybe twice a year. Having said that, there are sometimes sellers who are not aware of how expensive some items are an vice versa.

Unless the seller is up to speed with originals, repos and copies you are not really going to know.

Bright Blessings

Sandra

PS:

I looked at the other items for sale and tend to agree that it is a copy.

Thanks for the replies, I have since managed to get in contact with the Australian seller who has his for sale as a restrike. He confirmed my suspicions that the badges looked far too smooth and clean to be the genuine article, also too cheap. They should be very pitted and rough; and be on the market for anything up to $1500.00 AUD. or about 950 pounds as the have become very rare indeed.

Thanks again for taking the time,

Elizabeth

Have to admit that I have NEVER seen an original go for that price or priced that high.

Bright Blessings

Sandra