Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Medics Pack

trenchtrotter

I really like RAMC stuff and have an excellant tunic. Is this pack on EB a recognised pattern? I may have a bid if correct however I have never seen one to compare!

There is a 1918 stamp but these are copied.

Any pointers much appreciated.

TT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WW1-1918-dated-Webbing-First-Aid-Pack-/150579962175?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item230f43e13f

Are you there Paul Daniels? What d'you say? "Do I not like that!!"

It seems genuine enough to me,not that Iam a expert but sometimes you see it only ones in a lifetime.

Regards

Pat

No in my opinion the maker and date has been inked in over a later date.

I recently sold some repro 08 stuff on ebay that was marked with a very similar stamp. I also sold a similarly marked (externally) pack which was of WW2 origin.

In my shop I see lots of things that have been mis-sold to innocents at Beltring. Perhaps the worst was a US style Belgian helmet shell given fake Vietnam type graffiti inside, sold for £40. Most recent horror was a '37 pattern' large pack marked U.S on the flap. The chap said he bought it at Beltring as 'Genuine WW2 American'. Nothing surprises me any more....

John

Many thanks all.

Re the bag I was not sure re WW1 but how did I miss the over drawn date...obvious. I only quickly looked but shows the pitfalls.

Just shows you never stop learning and also miss the obvious at times.

No bid will go in!!

TT

• 2 weeks later...

It looks to me like a medical NCO's pack of much later date and I agree with all the other comments about the date being added.

The WW1 examples I have seen are much darker than normal 08 web and the straps on the front are leather. There is an original example on display in the AMS Museum.

Pete

I can't get the picture very large as my system is playing up, but the tags on the end of the straps look like Parkerized steel in colour, so that would make it post WW2, if not 1950's.

G