Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German NCO's Tunic.

P.B.

Chip

I will try to get them scanned on Sunday tomorrow I have work plus a family affair. Nothing too exciting though in relation to the boards mostly numbered regts.

Best regards

N.S.Regt.

Guest Chip Minx

N.S.Regt.,

Thanks. It's always interesting to see what is out there. Do you happen to know how or why the grouping was collected? Period groupings can sometimes confirm location of units and time frame.

Do you have any other pieces of German insignia (straps, collar insignia or sleeve patches)? Let me know if there is anything else that you would like to see.

Regards,

Chip

• 1 month later...

Further to the original tunic posted at the start of this thread, I got this photo off eBay a few days ago...

Not only does it show a similar vereinfachte tunic in wear (not an uncommon occurrance) by a soldier and a junior NCO, but these two men are in fact from Reserve Infantry Regiment 110.

The photo was taken in 1917 at Neubreisach, note the marksmanship lanyard being worn by the standing soldier, the camouflage band on the NCOs cap, and the fine moustaches!

post-23-1094607348.jpg

The complete number "110" is most visable on the saeted soldier's shoulder strap, but this didn't come out very well in the scanning. The numerals are slightly darker on the scan of the other man, and when you view all three visable shoulder straps together it becomes inescapable that the are for RIR 110:

post-23-1094607581.jpg

Paul,

Thanks for the additional posts. It is always nice to have additional items from the same unit. The only differences I notice are the simplified shoulder straps and unaltered collar and, of course, the sleeve rank lace.

egbert,

I notice the museum numbers on the tunics in the display. Where are they?

Chip

Chip and Egbert

Once again, thanks for your comments. Especially thankyou for the photo from the Koblenz museum, it's always good to see WWI German uniforms....certainly somewhere I'll visit next time I'm in Germany.

All the best

Paul.