Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Replacement Stolen medals

Guest 189bigo

Guest 189bigo

I was passed down medals presented to my Grandfather but unfortunately they have been stolen. I am wondering if they can be replaced as it was the intention that they be passed to my son & grandson.

I was alerted to this site when I Googled my own name & saw an enquiry made by a member concerning my Grandfather. As I did not recognise the name of the person enquiring I was also wondering if it was possible for me to contact that person to establish if we were related.

Thanks for any assisiatance.

Garry Luadaka

Hi Garry,

Welcome to the forum! As a new member you cannot send private messages (yet) but I do see two threads on the GWF that related to men named Luadaka. I would suggest making a post in them for starters and see what happens!

Thread #1

Thread #2

Good luck.

Daniel

Likely, they can be replaced. Several reputable companies deal in replacement medals. Spink in London is one. You may have to do due diligence in researching exactly what the medal was and when it was issued to avoid tripping up on some of the changes to awards, both in design and ribbon, that did happen over time. Good luck, Antony

Since WW1 medals can only be replaced by the issuing authority and no longer are, perhaps it should be made clear that the sources mentioned will sell replica medals.