Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

uniform,regiment ,year ,help, please

parker

hi all.got this trio of photos from a second cousin in canada,not great quality,but he and myself are unsure of the soldier but think it is a great uncle who served with the royal inniskilling or royal irish regiment. if i can get a definate id of his uniform/regiment or approx year it would help me put a name to the photo.

thanks in advance...parker,belfast

post-46301-0-90669000-1299438654.jpg

IIRC the simplified jacket would be early war 1915 or thereabouts. He is an Assistant Instructor in Signaling - crossed flags above chevrons. He also appears to have black buttons on the jacket which would indicate a Rifle regiment.

hi all.got this trio of photos from a second cousin in canada,not great quality,but he and myself are unsure of the soldier but think it is a great uncle who served with the royal inniskilling or royal irish regiment. if i can get a definate id of his uniform/regiment or approx year it would help me put a name to the photo.

thanks in advance...parker,belfast

With black buttons he can only be Royal Irish Rifles if you are confident it is an Irish infantry unit.

With black buttons he can only be Royal Irish Rifles if you are confident it is an Irish infantry unit.

thanks for the quick replys chaps.

almost sure it is an irish unit,had a few relatives served,and all in irish regiments.mainly royal inniskillen fusiliers.

sorry what does the llRC stand for at the start of squirrels post.

thank you again.....parker