Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'The Lady of Loos'

Beselare

Hi everyone

I tried listing this topic in the 'Women' section, but not with a great deal of success. I have just been reading about the brave actions of 18-year-old Emilenne Moreau at Loos in September 1915. She killed five Germans with a British revolver as they tried to break into her house to kill the wounded she was tending. She was later decorated with the French Military Cross and the British Military Medal. The only reply I had from the 'Women' section is that there is a Rue Emilienne Moreau in Loos and presumably somewhere in that street is the site of her house, or where her house stood. Has anyone ever researched this and found or visited the site?

Many thanks

Bob Findley

Beselare

Belgium

Have you tried to google her

I did and this is what I found

http://www.greatwardifferent.com/Great_War/Lady_of_Loos/Lady_of_Loos_01.htm

regards

sabine

Dear Sabine & Gilles

Thanks for the attachments. I already had them. What I am really trying to find out is the precise location of where her house was - do you have any information about that?

Best Regards

Bob

today the other house exist not original ...(detroyed by war 1) near the mairie loos en gohelle

all information can be find in internet; last year association had done an exposition of emilienne Moreau

best regards gilles

Dear Sabine & Gilles

Thanks for the attachments. I already had them. What I am really trying to find out is the precise location of where her house was - do you have any information about that?

Best Regards

Bob