Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Advice please

mmm45

Hi

What is the general concencus of opinion on this please?

Have just found a service record of a lad who died of TB after discharge he was discharged with TB and died 9 months later(still need DC to be certain) His medical docs survive and state TB Not caused by but Aggravated by AS (active service) Would this be worth forwarding for possible Non Comm status once DC confirms TB cause of death

Driver James William Lund RGA born Hove Edge Brighouse record on ancestry.

Cheers

Ady

If he was discharged due to TB and died of TB, he will certainly be worth putting forward. No question.

Many such cases have been accepted.

Thanks will send for DC Asap....His 15 Star is on a well known auction site thats what was got me looking!

Ady

Ady

If you'd like him put forward by the In From The Cold Project (or just our advice), please get in touch with Terry or myself when you've got the DC. If we do put it forward for you, the Project will be happy to refund you the cost of the DC.

John

Hello Ady,

Raymond Seaton Taylor was accepted by the MoD solely on the grounds of "aggravated by", so I wouldn't hesitate.

Phil

Addy

have you managed to find his grave?

Chris

Not at present Chris would think its Brighouse or lightcliffe cemetery...just stumbled on him last Thursday due to his 15 star for sale.

Have got his DC details will get to Halifax later this week to get it.

Ady

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?htx=View&r=5538&dbid=1114&iid=miuk1914a_085389-00052&fn=James+William&ln=Lund&st=r&ssrc=&pid=299678

18th Sept 1917 according to his "pension " record

DC is 1917,Halifax WRY Vol 9a page 411

talk about coincidences his father Robert W Lund was born in the same small Lancashire village as my ancestors wonder if the families knew one another?

Ady

Hello Ady, I agree that this chap should be counted and honoured amongst the Great War dead. Where I live in Hove, the local Roll of Honour acknowledged Great War deaths up to 1st November 1919, including servicemen death through illness contracted whilst serving.

There is this thread here about Hove 'Forgotten Heroes'

http://1914-1918.inv...1

The posts about Major Block, starting from post #76 might be a help : He died in a nursing home in Hove in 1918 , iand s on the Hove Roll of Honour. His widow maintained that his fatal illness was contracted whilst serving with HM forces.

Regards

Michael Bully

http://search.ancest...src=&pid=299678

18th Sept 1917 according to his "pension " record

DC is 1917,Halifax WRY Vol 9a page 411

talk about coincidences his father Robert W Lund was born in the same small Lancashire village as my ancestors wonder if the families knew one another?

Ady

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from overseas and his DC was waiting.

Confirmed as Army Pensioner and Pulmonary TB as cause of death....Hopefully another lad Not forgotten.

Ady