Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MAP REQUEST

bluebonnet

I am looking for a copy of the SOUTHERN portion of the old AMIENS DEFENCE LINE which ran from DEMUIN to AUBERCOURT to MARCELCAVE in late March1918.

This part of the trench line was occupied by CAREY'S FORCE in the north and centre; and by remnants of the 39th and 66th Divisions plus LITTLE'S FORCE from 28/30 March

I've nothing from March, but here's one from August of the area...

...and June...

...and an extract from an 'enemy organisations' map (also August)...

post-357-0-57421900-1299250739.jpg

post-357-0-63989800-1299250786.jpg

post-357-0-30201900-1299250845.jpg

Thank you Croonaert-I think what you have given me, will not be that far out ,if at all. As I am not particularly au fait with Trench Maps,can you say please, if they are enlargeable.?Or more importantly, can they be copied?

can you say please, if they are enlargeable.?

not on here, they're not (maxed out on forum bandwidth allowance on them images)

Dave

So can I copy the mapsor are they Crown Copyright??

I'm not sure that I'm following you here?

I suppose it depends on what you intend to do with them. As far as I'm concerned, you can do whatever you wish with the images I've just posted into the public domain as (I'm not sure here, but i think it may be the case), by doing so, i've basically handed all rights of these particular images over.

Those particular images aren't crown copyright anyway (and nor are the full size images that I have of them along with the actual maps)

Dave

Sorry to have humbugged you Dave, with must have seemed a daft question; but when I first attempted to download, I got a negative response-hence the question.Have downloaded successfully since .Thanks again.