Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Mixed 14-15 Trio

SteveMarsdin

Good evening All,

A client at the auctioneers where I help out brought in various "mixed lot" boxes, in the corner of one I spotted various medals: WW2 miniatures;1914 Mons Star miniature; 2x WW2 medals; 1919-20 Kings Medal for school attendance and what I thought was a 1914-15 Trio. I pointed out to him that he may want to consider selling the medals separately to the "mixed lot" and he agreed. I always recommend that Trios are sold complete but on further inspection each medal of the "Trio" was awarded to a different soldier ! The 1914-15 Mons Star was awarded to Pte J Crawshaw 10779 West Riding Regiment; the BWM was awarded to Pte E V Crosland 79436 West Yorkshire Regiment; the Victory Medal was awarded to Pte F Thompson 53985 Manchester Regiment. Ah well - more research to do !

Name: Edward V Crosland

Regiment or Corps: West Yorkshire Regiment, Manchester Regiment, Cheshire Regiment

Regimental number: 79436, 58185, 69464

entitled to bwm and victory only

Name: Frank Thompson

Regiment or Corps: Manchester Regiment

Regimental number: 53989

bwm and victory

Name: Josiah Crawshaw

Regiment or Corps: West Riding Regiment, Durham Light Infantry, Labour Corps

Regimental number: 10779, 61430, 18731

15 trio

Thanks for that,

I'm pretty sure the client doesn't have the rest of the three soldiers' medal entitlement so we'll sell them individually. I'll try and check their service records on Ancestry.