Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Knockaloe Camp IOM

salientpoints

If anyone has any photos or postcards relating to Knockaloe Camp Isle of Man can you please get in touch? :)

Thanks

Ryan

• 2 months later...
Guest Hilary864

Hi Ryan:

My grandfather was interned at Knockaloe. I have some picture postcards of him with some fellow internees. Interested? I'd be glad to scan them and forward them to you.

Hilary

Hi Ryan:

My grandfather was interned at Knockaloe. I have some picture postcards of him with some fellow internees. Interested? I'd be glad to scan them and forward them to you.

Hilary

Certainly would be, can you scan at 300dpi? please send to ryan@tommiesguides.co.uk and I will respond back :)

Guest Hilary864

Ryan:

I scanned 5 pictures and sent them to the email address you provided.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Hilary

Certainly would be, can you scan at 300dpi? please send to ryan@tommiesguides.co.uk and I will respond back :)

• 2 years later...

Interesting, you can really see how large the camp was!

• 1 year later...

We are a Registered Charity set up to develop a Visitors Centre for Knockaloe Internment Camp which was situated in our village of Patrick on the Isle of Man, together with an Archive recording the stories of all of the civilian internees who were interned in our village 100 years ago, as well as the stories of their families at that time.

We should love to help anyone looking for more information about an internee or hear from anyone with information they can provide to add to our archive. To properly research each internee takes time so please do be patient, but we value every piece of information we can find out. In turn, every piece of information allows us to build a better picture of the experiences of the internees and their families at that time.

We hope, over time, to rebuild the records of the people who lived in our village, however briefly, and to add their story to our archive for future generations.

We have now extended our work to cover all civilian internees held in the UK. We fully research available internment records from a number of sources including the International Red Cross and will be continuing to add sources and update information as our archive develops.

Please contact us via e mail to tell us your story or to seek our help. For more information and for our E mail address, please visit www.knockaloe.im