Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

L.Cpl Thomas Ralph Kitson 1/5 West Yorkshire Reg. MM winner

Pavster1980

Hello all

I am trying to find out if all MM winners were mentioned in the LG, I have been having trouble finding records for my great grand father Thomas Ralph Kitson, firstly he was Private with Number 2410 and then Lance Corporal with number 200703, I have his MIC but that is all I can find, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rich

Here are his medals, looking a bit shabby, unfortunately they hadn't been looked after too well over the years! I know the one on the left is from WW2 but it is the only photo I have of them.

post-60087-043661800 1297549065.jpg

Oh, and again on 30th March 1917: 'Click Here'

Thanks for your help AGAIN!!!!! :whistle:

I'm just rubbish at all this

Rich

'Tis the luck of the draw with the Gazette I find.

Sometimes they pop up easily, others you have to really search for, and others still - well they just don't want to be found!

Hmmmm, that's not what came up when I clicked on it originally. I wonder if perhaps I didn't close the other one down properly? But then why would I get that date?

Strange, very strange!

Hey Kim

I got the same when I opened it up, it seems it is for a R.D. Kitson but the other is right, again thanks

Rich

P.S. DO you remember the article from the Claro Times you transcribed for me, about the Bishops, well my dad found an I.D. Disk for a DR H Bishop 41166 2nd West Yorkshires, in amongst some things he had had since a child but we cannot seem to find out what the DR stands for. Don't suppose you would have any info on The Herbert mentioned in the Claro article would you? Long shot I know. I have another thread going in i think it is cap badges becuase I had no idea where to start again and it seems to be causing a bit of confusion.

Rich

I've recapped my memory on what I sent you, and have located the piece now.

There's very little to go on from the bit, and until I get further into the newspapers there's no telling what there is on Herbert, or indeed any of the others. Although, in saying that I wouldn't hold my breath too much because most of it's already been picked up on the index cards in the library - but there was no mention of Herbert etc (on the index cards) and we found them, so there MIGHT be more.

I think, although I know how very difficult it can be, patience is the name of the game on this one.