Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Aerial Battle of Le Cateau

tomrich

Hi, Does anyone know where I might find aerial photos of the Retreat from Mons and the Battle of Le Cateau in late August 1914? Many thanks, Richard

There probably aren't any. The first aerial photograph of the Great War is reputed to have been taken on the 15th September 1914 by Lieutenant Lawes

Richard, I have photographs of the sketches made during the reconnaissance missions at this time. If that would be of help, then just PM me. You may not have permission to use the messaging system yet. I think it needs a minimum number of posts first.

Robert

Robert, that would be fantastically helpful. Thank you. My email address is **** All best, Richard

Richard, I have photographs of the sketches made during the reconnaissance missions at this time. If that would be of help, then just PM me. You may not have permission to use the messaging system yet. I think it needs a minimum number of posts first.

Robert

Robert, that would be fantastically helpful. Thank you. My email address is ************ All best, Richard

Too late but it's not recommended to post your e mail address on the open forum. You might want to edit your post and delete it before too many spammers pick it up. You must be about qualified for a PM by now.

• 11 years later...
On 07/02/2011 at 12:07, Robert Dunlop said:

Robert

I am planning a 5-day trip to travel the retreat next year & would be very interested to have those photographs to hand if that is possible? 

Thank you