Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

where to get replica metal badges made?

GWRCo

Hi all,

does anyone know of a good contact who could make some repro brass badges for me please, i have an original to use as a mould and need about 10 made!

Thanks,

tim

Hi all,

does anyone know of a good contact who could make some repro brass badges for me please, i have an original to use as a mould and need about 10 made!

Thanks,

tim

You would do better asking that question here: http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/

max,

the ones i need are for a museum and are the 2nd pattern raf medical dog collars (which didn't come in pairs!) I found one source that had some repro's listed but, when i phoned him, he stated he didn't have any in stock, and wouldn't be re-stocking them for the foreseeable future!

The 2nd pattern collar dogs will be for use on an early raf officers uniform, as well as an early raf or's uniform too!

tim

max,

the ones i need are for a museum and are the 2nd pattern raf medical dog collars (which didn't come in pairs!) I found one source that had some repro's listed but, when i phoned him, he stated he didn't have any in stock, and wouldn't be re-stocking them for the foreseeable future!

The 2nd pattern collar dogs will be for use on an early raf officers uniform, as well as an early raf or's uniform too!

tim

If you put an appeal out on this site and the badge forum you might well not need to resort to repros, no one likes them, whatever the excuse, even for a museum. In the end they are what they are...fakes!

.....true, but if it's the only option i have left, then i'll have to go down that road!

tim

.....true, but if it's the only option i have left, then i'll have to go down that road!

Tim, have you tried asking Dickie Knight or Richard Sheard? One or both should probably be able to sort you out.

Cheers Andy!

forum email sent to you!!

tim