Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cecil Francis Edward ANDERSON

lionboxer

Whilst searching for something else I came across this lad who I think could be a candidate as I can't find him on the CWGC register. G/37593 Cecil Francis Edward ANDERSON enlisted into the RWS Regt Officer Cadet battalion on 31st Oct 1916 at Oxford where I believe he was a student. He was discharged to pension and awarded a SWB on 17th Jan 1917 as no longer fit for service. Almost exactly a year later on 9th Jan 1918 he died. His "pension" record is on Ancestry with all the details.

He lived at Brooke Norfolk, a neighbouring village to me. I've just been to look at the war memorial but he is not on it and after a quick look around the graveyard I couldn't find his grave niether. His death is registered in the district so presumably he's here somewhere.

Please advise.

Lionboxer

Basically you will have to get his DC & his cause of death should have a link with his service. Should this be the case then IFCP would be able to deal with the case for you (with you as the submitting volunteer) & the cost of the DC would be refunded to you.

Chris

Lionboxer

He will need to have died of Pthisis ( TB ), this being the reason for his medical discharge. There is a card in the file which shows Pensions were aware of his death. The DC should confirm the link.

Lionboxer,

I don't know if you picked up the National Probate Calendar entry:

ANDERSON, Cecil Francis Edward of Welbeck House, Brooke, Norfolk died 9th January 1919.

Administration London 17th August to the Solicitor for the Affairs of His Majesty's Treasurer. Effects £936 17s 6d.

Phil