Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Small world!

Desmond7

Recently pasted on my Ulster Division website guestbook ...

Bishop Paul Colton:

I've just returned yesterday from Thiepval, Messines, Ypres, Hermies and Cambrai where I was following the steps and visiting the grave of my grandmother's first husband Serjeant Daniel Griffith (9th Inniskillings) who is buried at Hermies Cemetery. Thank you for this detailed explanation which helps my family to know where he was and when in the years and day when he was killed in action (20th November 1917). We also have, in our possession, a Certificate for Gallantry awarded to him for his role on 1st July 1916.

Turns out the Bish was the punter what married Posh'n'Becks ... Becks is training with the mighty Tott. .. who are, of course, my team (from afar!).

Nobody expects the Baby eating Bishop of Bath and Wells boom boom

I once met the then Bishop of Bath and Wells at the Bishops Palace in Wells. He didn't eat any babies whilst I was present anyhow...

I once met the then Bishop of Bath and Wells at the Bishops Palace in Wells. He didn't eat any babies whilst I was present anyhow...

Might that have been Bishop Bickersteth - grandson I believe of a (very) senior war time chaplain?

Might that have been Bishop Bickersteth - grandson I believe of a (very) senior war time chaplain?

It was actually Bishop James Thompson, aka "Bishop Jim" as he introduced himself to us. My Dad was doing something for radio as I recall in about 2000/2001 and I tagged along for the day. A very friendly man, and I was sad to learn a couple of years later that he'd died:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thompson_(bishop)