Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Army Chaplain hat badge Jewish 1914-1936

Guest Ruthie

I am trying to obtain an Army Chaplains hat badge for a Jewish Chaplain worn by British Army clergy 1914-1936. we already have the one post 1936. its very small - a simple star of david with a kings crown above. Brass metal painted black. Officers only unit. Active in the East End of London and parts of Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds. would be very grateful if someone can point me in the right direction as I have no idea where to purchase such a badge. have tried several web searches. thank you.

Ruthie,

Welcome to the GWF

I am not a uniform/badge expert, however I do have a copy of Col J H Patterson's book (1922) 'With the Judeans in the Palestine Campaign' where the photograph of the Rev. L. A. Falk shows him wearing the regimental cap badge and the Star of David on his lapels

You can see the book and the photograph here

http://www.archive.org/stream/withjudeansinpal00patt#page/n45/mode/2up

As I said, I am not an expert in this field and therefore I cannot say how typical this was of Jewish Chaplains as a whole

Good Luck

Michael

Bsd

Thank you so much

best wishes

Ruthie,

Welcome to the GWF

I am not a uniform/badge expert, however I do have a copy of Col J H Patterson's book (1922) 'With the Judeans in the Palestine Campaign' where the photograph of the Rev. L. A. Falk shows him wearing the regimental cap badge and the Star of David on his lapels

You can see the book and the photograph here

http://www.archive.o...ge/n45/mode/2up

As I said, I am not an expert in this field and therefore I cannot say how typical this was of Jewish Chaplains as a whole

Good Luck

Michael