Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WW1 British Army Uniform

shippo

Hi,

Could someone help me with identifying which unit this WW1 army iniform was for please. The man is Edmund James Page and i am having trouble finding the correct army records for him and thought it might be possible to narrow the search down by his uniform. I have very little information on him besides his next of kin was his wife Edith Emma Page and that they appear to have lived most of the time around the St Lawrence Kent area. Any help or advice would be appreicated. Thank you.

post-50587-097911600 1290571189.jpg

I would suggest he could be Sapper Edmund J Page Royal Engineers 541575 enlisted 24/5/15 discharged 21/1/19. He has a MIC card on Ancestry, I will see what else is there.

20th TF Depot RE Cause of discharge Para 392 (XVIA) Sick

Awarded BWM and Victory

And the armbadge is a bandsmans badge. The cap badge is Royal Engineers

there was a man of that name whose birth was registered in 1879 in Thanet, Kent. and a Edmund J Page Died 1951 Thanet, Kent.

I was trying to help Edmund's grandson find the information but i was at a loss with where to go as we had very little info on him and limited resources. Thank you for your help and time, it was appreicated.

He's wearing the classic war-time uniform as well, with the Simplifed SD jacket (larger unpleated pockets and no rifle-patches) introduced in late 1914/early 1915, and the belt off the 1914 Pattern Infantry Equipment.

He's wearing the classic war-time uniform as well, with the Simplifed SD jacket (larger unpleated pockets and no rifle-patches) introduced in late 1914/early 1915, and the belt off the 1914 Pattern Infantry Equipment.

Thank you for the info on the uniform.

With the help from this forum i can now give his grandson details that he never had before on his grandfather.

Thank you.