Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Brodie Helmet

acal

Its sold now!!! How much was being asked before the wonderful 20% sale???

TT

OH DEAR,I was tempted and bought the helmet,but i take it by the replies it,s not good.That,ll teach me.

Thanks for the replies chaps.It,il be going straight back.Always wanted a brodie helmet but think i,ll stick to medals.

Andy

The lower section of the chinstrap has been replaced, the helmet is OK though, but is the insignia doubtful? I had a problem with this seller 3 or 4 years back over a copy 1907 bayonet scabbard. I think he has also had some 'unusually' dated 1908 patt webbing in the past.Regards, Paul.

Thanks agian for the replies.So the actual helmet is ok, but the chinstrap is wrong and insignia might be doubtful.Any more advice on this anyone can add would be much appreciated.

Andy

I have only looked at his site 3 or 4 times in the past, over a number of years and each time there has by chance been a sale on. Bit odd. After the problem with the item I bought via eBay it has put me off biding for anything that looks to be located in Nottingham. He does mention the strap repair,which is the replacement of the whole section that hangs from the helmet. The part inside is OK. As to the insignia, it does not look obviously new, but you will need to find out if anyone has seen or read of such insignia to a helmet. Unless it has just come on the market for the first time, I think the chances are someone on the forum will have seen it before. Not a helmet to buy without a bit of research. Did you find anything to back it up as being OK before you bought it? Regards, Paul.

Paul

thanks again for the reply.In answer to your question, i did only a small bit of research looking at pictures and posts about brodie helmets and could find very little on insignia on helmets.I have to admit it was an impulse buy.I realy dont know to much about these things and thats why i thought i would ask on this forum.

Andy