Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Research on this Photo

Guest pointer60

Dear All

I have been researching a photo for my wife and I wonder if anyone can confirm my findings please. I have attached two magnified images, one of the Glengarry and one of the epaulette, but they are not that clear, even under magnification.

I think that the regiment is the Royal Scots Fusiliers and that the soldier in question was a Private with a single 2year Good Conduct Stripe and a Wound Stripe.

Am I right in thinking that the photo must have been taken after July 1916, as I beleve wound stripes were only worn after that date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is not my main area of expertise.(Military aviation is my real interest)

Many thanks in anticipation

Martin

post-60854-074332000 1289989329.jpg

post-60854-053176200 1289989339.jpg

Dear All

I have been researching a photo for my wife and I wonder if anyone can confirm my findings please. I have attached two magnified images, one of the Glengarry and one of the epaulette, but they are not that clear, even under magnification.

I think that the regiment is the Royal Scots Fusiliers and that the soldier in question was a Private with a single 2year Good Conduct Stripe and a Wound Stripe.

Am I right in thinking that the photo must have been taken after July 1916, as I beleve wound stripes were only worn after that date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is not my main area of expertise.(Military aviation is my real interest)

Many thanks in anticipation

Martin

You are spot on with your assessment Martin.

I 'm sure you are right.. Do you have the chap's name? Or perhaps if you post the whole photo there may be more details that we can worrk out.

William