Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

7th Dragoon Guards

Stephen White

I have just recieved my long awaited copy of Records of the 7th Dragoon Guards 1914-1918.

It's a 2001 re-print of a 1923 book.It covers the war in Diary form and includes A Roll of Honour and Honours and Awards section in the back.Being just over 200 pages long though,it doesn't cover every day or even month,but there's still a lot in it.

If anyone wants me to look up anything,please don't hesitate to ask.

Stephen :D

Edited by STEVEN

Is there anything to a Captain McCulloch c. 1914 or in the awards? I have a lot of detail on him but there may be something new - live in hope

Patrick

Is that A J McCulloch ?? If that's your man he's mentioned in the back of the book several times.

If it is the right man,i'll post the details tomorrow for you,i'm off to do my night shift now.

Stephen :D

That's him Stephen Thanks

Patrick

Patrick

McCulloch appears twice on the first page of the Honours and Awards section at the back of the book.Not knowing a lot about rank and awards i don't really understand what's been awarded here,so i've scanned the first page for you.Hopefully you'll know what's going on.

Stephen :unsure:

post-16-1087500619.jpg

Patrick

Again twice on these pages as you can see remarks about him,next to each award.

Later in the book it goes on to mention a Brevet Lieut-Col A J McCulloch was mentioned in despatchs on three seperate occasions.No details other than,they appeared in the London Gazette's of the 15.06.1916,15.05.1917 and 20.12.1918.

Finally a Brevet Lieut-Col,A J McCulloch was awarded the Legion d'Honneur Croix de Chevalier.Which appeared in the London Gazette on the 14.07.1917.

Hope this helps.If you don't mind me asking what's, your interest in McCulloch ??.

Stephen :)

post-16-1087502687.jpg

Edited by STEVEN

Thank you so much. Looks like a really useful book to have on the Regiment. I will check all this against what I have. Very grateful and thanks again

Patrick