Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Staff Nurse Sarah SALMON - Medals Missing

kemp42

Hi All.

A precious family heirloom that I believe has been missing from my late uncle's house for about 3 years recently appeared on ebay - a pair of Great War medals, War and Victory, inscribed to my late grandmother STAFF NURSE SARAH ANNE LOUISA SALMON who served with QAIMNSR in France.

The seller had bought them in good faith at an auction and I am hopeful he will sell to me. I am posting this in case they end up elsewhere in the hope that any new owner would consider repatriating them for a suitable sum and 'no questions asked' - just want to get them back!

Ian Kemp

Hi

I would imagine that the Police will only get involved if they were reported "STOLEN" at the time they went missing.

Maybe if you only stated that you believe them to be a relatives medals & would he consider a Buy it Now price

I for one will keep an eye out for them for you

Good luck

Peter

Hi

I would imagine that the Police will only get involved if they were reported "STOLEN" at the time they went missing.

Maybe if you only stated that you believe them to be a relatives medals & would he consider a Buy it Now price

I for one will keep an eye out for them for you

Good luck

Peter

Lockerbie police have just advised me that they have contacted the seller and they are hopeful he will contact me this coming week. Fingers are all crossed !

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update - have heard absolutely nothing from Nottingham so have no choice now but to forget about them and get on with life

Ian

Good luck Ian. Hope they get home to you. Keep us posted.

Cheers,

David

If it were me and my family medals I would not have given up. Even if it meant buying them on eBay at an exhorbitant price. You may never have another opportunity again to get your hands on them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jim. I haven't given up and will certainly be keeping an eye out for them on ebay, speedbid, etc., but since the present 'owner' won't communicate with me, not much more I can do. I offered him an 'exorbitant amount' but he doesn't seem to want to know. He simply won't communicate with me. If they are advertised anywhere then I will obviously bid but short of driving down to Nottingham and banging on his door, there seems little else I can do.

Ian

If it were me and my family medals I would not have given up. Even if it meant buying them on eBay at an exhorbitant price. You may never have another opportunity again to get your hands on them.