Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RAMC at Weeton Camp

DaveR

Does anyone know how I would go about finding out which RAMC units were at Weeton Camp near Blackpool during June-August 1915.

thanks

Dave Risley

Dave,

Have you tried the local library, here in Seaford there are quite a number of books, you might have to look through as soon here did't have index's for evertything mentioned, or may be the town hall might have something in their archives,

Mandy

Ken

Is there a reliable source for Field Hosptial movements?

My Grandfather was 2nd/2nd East Lancs field hospital. I know that during his time (enlisted 25/11/1914 discharged 20/11/1916 with TB) they never went overseas, but haven't found out where they were inthe UK.

Any advice appreciated (sorry for the hijack Dave)

cheers

Mike

Is there a reliable source for Field Hosptial movements?

You might get some information from the RAMC's museum.

The Curator

AMS Museum

Keogh Barracks

Ash Vale

Aldershot

GU12 5RQ

Tel: 01252 340320

They don't hold copies of the War Diaries, but might have some information concerning movements of units in the UK.

Regards,

Ken

Thanks Ken.

The War Diaries don't always help unfortunately. The one for 2/3rd West Lancs FA doesn't start until after they left Weeton and started their journey to France.

Mike,

let me know if you have any luck with movements in the UK.

cheers

Dave

Ken,

I am researching 20 men of the 2/3rd West Lancs FA who were on board the transport 'Royal Edward' when it was sunk in the Aegean in August 1915. Their unit was not on board, but I have evidence they volunteered to go as reinforcements for another unit. They were at Weeton Camp at the time. I am interested in which other RAMC units were at Weeton then, and if any went with the 'Royal Edward'. It would be particularly useful if I could find some official record of their volunteering but I guess that's too much to ask!

cheers

Dave