Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Easter 1918

tanks3

Hi all,

Not sure if I am posting in the right section but here goes. I was wondering if anyone could confirm the actual date of Easter 1918? The tank Julian was on "Tank Bank" duty during Easter week and I am trying to pin the date down

Thanks

Tanks3

Not sure if I am posting in the right section but here goes. I was wondering if anyone could confirm the actual date of Easter 1918? The tank Julian was on "Tank Bank" duty during Easter week and I am trying to pin the date down

Google is your friend - apparently March 31st:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:0pb3ZZhNKDIJ:www.maths.gla.ac.uk/~rjs/EasterDates.html+easter+1918+date&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Julian was in Walsall 25th March 1918 - 30th March 1918. I have no record of the tank anywhere in April 1918 but in May its was first in Swindon before moving into South Wales.

I have Julian as being in Kidderminster on 14 April 1918 and Redditch on 22 April. That's from a listing I got from the Tank Museum. It's not complete and I can't vouch for the information.

Gwyn

Guys,

Thanks for your help. All seems to tie in with what I have except, from a copy Times Report I have, Julian as being in Redditch 18th - 24th March 1918

Tanks3

Guys,

Correction to my last post. Just reread my Times Report and, Gwyn, you are correct it is April not March. Amended my details accordingly and wiping egg off face.

Tanks3

• 2 weeks later...

In February Julian was in Dundee.

post-10020-097654000 1288964950.jpg

Gary.

A slightly clearer albeit smaller view of the same event.

post-9885-005386100 1288985502.jpeg