Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1722699 Leading Aircraftsman A.H LITTLE

Neil Clark

Just been kindly given this photo by some kind soul on the Kent History Forum. I'm in Africa using dial-up so I can't really do much until I return to the UK in 2 months time.

He's buried in Dover, Kent. It might be a private family memorial made to look like an official headstone. It would be interesting to know how this young lad came to lose his life so young. He died in 1946 so he does come within CWGC remit (dependant upon circumstances of course)...

Any thoughts on this chap guys (and gals)?

Perhaps Chris (Harley) may have an idea?

post-2961-076570200 1287847447.jpg

Oh damn, I wish people would do a bit of background before giving me these so called leads. I am not able to search CWGC records from Banjul for some reason. I think the Gambian government filters certain overseas sites and this may be one of them, odd but true.

Thanks for pointing that out for me.

• 2 weeks later...

would you like me to search the CWGC for you? I you give me details of soldiers and your E-Mail address I will Mail you, or I can post

here for you.

He was 29 it looks like 20 on the stone. My Great Grandfather Arthur Phillips has his stone in East Keswick cemetery he is on CWGC. From what I have been told he was only in France 6 weeks got trench foot or something got infection was sent to London to a hospital, he was then sent back up north to recuperate and died of meningitis. This is why his grave is in East Keswick cemetery.

post-60087-025400300 1289007001.jpg