Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Absolutely amazed

Jim Strawbridge

Well, I can't believe that someone is selling seperately a victory medal, a 1914/5 star and a memorial plaque (with a broached photograph). And the information provided about the medals don't even mention that he was a casualty.

19234 Private Edward Thomas Coulson, Durham Light Infantry - seller lgl1954

15 bn, kia France, 5/10/16.

What a donkey !!!

I don't look at medals etc on ebay because I find this sort of thing upsetting. And I don't normally upset easily. What a stupid, stupid thing to do.

Seems to me that sellers on the dreaded bay are only after one thing - more money and they don't care a hoot if that means splitting medals.

David

Any relation to Leslie Coulson the magnificent WW1 soldier/poet?

I think this seller must be pretty ignorant all round. Look at the postage details. Second class standard for a £50 an upwards item? No chance of claiming if it was lost or stolen. I wonder if he has the war medal as well and is holding that back for a bigger sale?

It is a shame when people do this. I would have thought they would think they would get more for a 'set'. If the first two items go to seperate buyers any subsequent items must be worth less.

John

Don't think there's is much to say really. It's all been covered about two weeks ago when the last thread on this subject descend into an arguement and was eventually (quite rightly) locked by the Mods?

Seems to me that sellers on the dreaded bay are only after one thing - more money and they don't care a hoot if that means splitting medals.

David

I think they can get less money by splitting medals. I recently put a nice WW2 group on ebay with named territorial medal and I added to it an Imperial Service Medal to the same man. This was not on the mounted bar, had a seperate case etc. In the end the medals reached double what I expected because two medal collectors chased them, both appreciating that I was delivering a complete package for the man.

John

Final result seems to be Plaque and star to one buyer, Victory Medal to another. Odd that the buyer of the first two didn't bid on the VM?

John

Don't think there's is much to say really. It's all been covered about two weeks ago when the last thread on this subject descend into an arguement and was eventually (quite rightly) locked by the Mods?

You are right there, and if I remember it was me who brought the subject up about medal splitting and it was " Gunner Bailey " who agreed with the seller that they where his property and could do what he wanted with them.

You are right there, and if I remember it was me who brought the subject up about medal splitting and it was " Gunner Bailey " who agreed with the seller that they where his property and could do what he wanted with them.

Oh dear, the voice of Christmas past....

The mods closed your last thread on this. Can't you move on?

What did they go for?

Mick

OMG not this argument again!!! Dick Flory

Don't worry Dick. I for one am not going into it all again. My position is clear in this thread and the last one.

John

What did they go for?

Mick

Hi Mick

The plaque went for £64.99 - 8 Bids

The star for £37.89 -3 Bids(to same buyer)

The VM £29.00 1 bid - To separate buyer.

John

Don't worry Dick. I for one am not going into it all again. My position is clear in this thread and the last one.

John

Good morning John, how are you ?, I agree, lets forget about it all now and be friends :thumbsup:

Good morning John, how are you ?, I agree, lets forget about it all now and be friends :thumbsup:

I agree John. If you are ever in Folkestone please come to the shop and I'll happily buy you a coffee or a beer.

John