Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Documenting Beersheba

lauren mckenzie

After successfully selling "Our Bloodiest Day" - the story of the New Zealand involvement in the Battle of Passchendaele to The History Channel - we are now moving onto our next project - the New Zealand Mounted Rifles at the Battle of Beersheba.

Once again, to keep costs down, we are looking for - photos (still and moving) that do not require licensing.

If anyone can help....please email lauren@primrose.co.nz

Keep an eye on The History Channel for "Our Bloodiest Day" to screen 12 times post November.

"Battle of Beersheba" is a good title and it will no doubt catch the public's eye,

however, strictly speaking (per the Report of the Battles Nomenclature Committee) the 'capture of Beersheba' was a 'tactical incident' included in the 'Third Battle of Gaza'

Experts who have previously contributed to the GWF and whom you may wish to contact regarding the NZ actions in this battle are our Pals 'Wroclaw' and 'TerryK'

Good luck with the project

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of photographs are you after exactly? Contemporary or historical?

New Zealand Mounted Rifles - NZMR Reinforcement Badges

The New Zealand Mounted Rifles Association Incorporated provides communities and individuals with the ability to share, remember and participate in their military history. The website has a discussion forum, animated maps, information on the Association, Battle Honours, Honours List, list of mounted regiments, and machine gunners. [CEF Study Group - Oct 2010]

http://www.nzmr.org/badges2.htm

• 2 months later...

What kind of photographs are you after exactly? Contemporary or historical?

historical at this point...we are planning to head over sometime this year to film....and will only seek contemporary if we can't get there ourselves. Thanks.:rolleyes:

I have a few Beersheba ones of the period, will have a look through for NZMR content.

Regards, Steve

Much appreciated....they need to be free of any licence to reproduce, or we need to know who to contact to purchase, unless you are lucky enough to own?

Documentary update........we've started filming in New Zealand....have some images and are talking with agencies to secure others.

Now looking for an expert in the battle and our involvement who might be able to contribute????? - preferably here at home....but potentially across the Tasman - as we are looking to visit the Lighthorse centre.

There was a thread on the forum last year which had a great deal of modern photo's and one hell of a write up about the battle and the surrounding area.

I'll see if I can track it down.

Cheers Andy.

Found it - here we are.

Link provided here. Not totally from the NZ perspective, however, I think if there is an expert then Wroclaw would be a great candidate.

Cheers Andy.

Found it - here we are.

Link provided here. Not totally from the NZ perspective, however, I think if there is an expert then Wroclaw would be a great candidate.

Cheers Andy.

Tx....but can't see the link?

Let's give it another crack then.

Try this.

Cheers Andy.