Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Jasta Boelcke

BlackSeptember1918

I noticed Norman Franks has got a new book out on the market when I was checking out the Grub Street site . Have any of you blokes bought this one yet , and is it one to add to the collection ?. I guess I will buy it anyway , as I have many of his wwi and wwii books , but was just interested in someone elses opinion .

Thanks .

Phil.

Oh well...looks like i'll have to tell you blokes about it then . Couldn't resist after knocking back a few crownies after work and ordered it from amazon/uk . Also ordered S/Rising and Winged Victory , which I should have bought years ago ....but what can I say ..so many books , so many subjects....but never enough coin to buy them all . It's hard to pass up a Grub Street book though , they are always beautifully bound and they don't even mind you ordering directly from them .

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone is actually interested , but I thought I would pass on that the Jasta Boelcke book is well worth the money . It brings together heaps of info , and I think is a great book for the serious novice like myself . As usual Grub Street have produced a book that is appealing in every way . They produce books that make you want to touch them .

I guess some might say that Franks has had his day , and that he produces books way too fast and relies on his research from many years ago ...that may be true , or may not be , I'm not sure as I don't know the man , but it seems to me that he will go down as one of the most influencial modern writers of aviation military history ....get'em while there hot !. :)

Phil.