Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Absent Voters List

Michael

I've just discovered the Absent Voters List for my village. It makes fantastic reading and I've added another 80 names for my research.

One of the guys on the list was already killed in action before the election and I wondered whether his proxy vote would have been counted. If so, how many dead men voted in the 1918 election ?

Michael

Hi Michael

I hope you do not mind me asking if there are any K.S.L.I. men in your Absent Voters list for your village, and if there any do you mind passing their details to me ?

Regards

Annette Burgoyne

Michael,

Any West Yorkshires?

Regards Kevin

Hi all

I have Absent Voters lists for a large part of South Shropshire, Kevin, I will look for West Yorkshires if you like and Rob I think I have been in contact about Royal Warwicks in the past, I have a memory like a ???, what was I going to say, anyway, Rob if I have not ever sent you Royal Warwicks names let me know.

Anyone else, who is working on Regimental databases, then I do not mind doing any look ups.

Annette

Michael,

Thanks for looking.

Regards Kevin

Annette,

Do you have anyone in the South Staffs?

Thanks in advance.

Roy

Hi All

Kevin I have just e-mailed you with the names of four men who served in W. Yorks.

Ivor, there are lots of Labour Corps lads, will e-mail you with-in next few days.

Roy, will also e-mail you the results in next fews days.

Rob, thanks, it saves me looking again.

Michael, I have come across several men in the Absent Voters Lists, who were killed before the election.

Regards

Annette

Annette,

Thanks again

Roy :D