Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

12/13 Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers.

geordieg

My only war ancestor died 28-3-1918. Does any one have the location at this time or hopefully the war diary leading up to this date, in anticipation, George.

Hello george and Welcome to the GWF

I know you are looking for Information on your Ancester, If you gave us his name we could have looked it up.

on the date you gave there were 55 men died from the 12th/13th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers.

At the top left of this page is the LLT ( the long long Trail) and you will find how to research a soldier.

It covers everything .

here is some links to get you started.

http://www.1914-1918.net/northfus.htm

http://www.1914-1918.net/21div.htm

and If you leave is name someone will look it up

Best reguards

Ian

Hello,

They were part of 62nd brigade, 21st division and they were falling back after stiff resistance around the region of Ephey and Chapel Hill. The whole of 21st division took serious losses attempting to stem the tide. I have the war dairy but my photo copies are pretty poor to read, being copies of pencil entries that have grown feint!! aaargh, though perhaps someone else may have a better copy. PM if you want further information

Regards

Arm

Thanks, Ian and Arm for the further information, I previously enquired about about my ancestor, Robert Curtis, in the soldier section of the forum where I got the details of his battalion, memorial etc. and link to LLT which I found very interesting but could not find any conflict information. Hopefully some one else will have a more easily readable copy, George.