Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cannot find man im researching on Death Index

herbie4798

Hi all,

Im researching a soldier Cuthbert Wilfred Mendham. He served in the 10th Londons and won the Military Medal. I have his Birth Index. Born 1898. Also His Marrige Index. Married in 1930. However I can not find his Date of Death. Im thinking he may have moved abroad after WW2, In which he also fought in. Im trying to get a date of death as I would like to apply for his WW2 service Records to complete my research and need a copy of the Death Certificate.. If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction, it would Greatly appreciated.

James

Before you spend a lot of time trying to track down his death certificate; if you want to apply for his service docs, then I'm pretty certain that you need to prove that you're directly related to him, along the direct line of his next-of-kin, or have written permission of his next-of-kin. Otherwise you'll have to wait until the papers are officially released.

Hi,

If you can prove the person died 25 years ago and have a death certificate you can apply for service records through the Freedom of Information Act.

James