Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private Frank Edward Sharpe

dannyhill86

Hi Pals,

I am trying to find information on a Priavte in the Royal Army Medical Corps (58th Field Ambulance) killed on 3rd June 1918 on the Marne/Somme? (probably whilst in the French Sector of the Western Front. I believe the unit was serving as part of 19th (Western) Division at this time. The Private is buried at Marfaux military cemtery and was from Derby. The information I have available for him is limited - I can't find his medal card and no service record to speak of as yet. Hopefully some of you guys can help point me in the right direction to find out his story and especially the circumstances surrounding his death. As yet, I am not aware of his specific position within the RAMC but would tentatively guess that he was probably a stretcher bearer.

118184 Private Frank Edward Sharpe

58th field Ambulance RAMC

KIA 3rd June, 1918

Buried Marfaux British Cemetery

Part of 19th Division.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan

thanks for the reply Barry but I'm unable to find him using my ancestry at the moment. no match coming up with the correct Serv. number and name. I don't suppose you vcould send me a link or tell me exactly what you searched to find him?

regards,

Dan

Barry,

Aplogies but I just noticed that you left the 'e' from Sharpe... found him immediately... not one of my most observant nights!

Many Thanks,

Dan