Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kenneth John Prideaux

Ourfamily

Hello All,

Can anyone help me find WW1 information about Kenneth John PRIDEAUX (born circa 1897 in North Devon). I have tried the Long, Long Trail but can't find him so I must be doing something wrong.

All help will be very gratefully received!!

Many thanks, Richard H

Hello All,

Can anyone help me find WW1 information about Kenneth John PRIDEAUX (born circa 1897 in North Devon). I have tried the Long, Long Trail but can't find him so I must be doing something wrong.

All help will be very gratefully received!!

Many thanks, Richard H

Richard

This looks like Kenneth on the Medal Information Cards (MIC), he's not on the CWGC site so survived the War, no Service or pension records seem to have survived. The 1st MIC is from the National Archives, the 2nd from Ancestry, the latter will give you the better copy, if you're not registered click on "View record" and take the free trial.

http://www.nationala...1&resultcount=2

http://search.ancest...D9_x=1&uidh=000

Your next step is to look at his Medal Roll entry at Kew, the reference for which will be on his medal card, this should identify his Bn giving you a rough idea where he served with them.

Sam

Richard

What's your interest in Kenneth Prideaux?

I am working on a soldier (not a Prideaux, but related by marriage) with someone who has exhaustively researched the Prideauxs of Devon & Cornwall.

If you are a relative, then I should put the two of you in touch.

Cheers,

Mark

Hello Mark,

My wife is helping Kenneth's great, grand-daughter to research her family history (they are work colleagues). It would be great if you could put us in touch with the person.

Best wishes,

Richard